QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY POLICY
ISO 9001:2015 – ISO 22000:2018
Gandour was established in 1857 as a manufacturer of chocolates, confectionary, vegetable oil and value added products. Our success is a result of activities that guide our actions to deliver across our entire value chain high quality products and services that are safe, compliant and preferred by our consumers and customers.
Our policy commitments to produce high quality products
Our policy carries out our commitment to produce high quality products by:
- Controlling and minimizing the food safety and quality risks for the interest of public health.
- Striving to lead our field and continuously refining our practices in the pursuit of satisfaction of our associates, customers and consumers alike by complying with the requirement of the Gandour corporate policies, international standards, customer requirements, applicable regulatory and statutory requirements, legislations and relevant standards.
- Committing to the effective development, implementation and continual improvement of our quality and food safety management systems based on ISO 9001:2015, ISO 22000:2018, and FSSC 22000 V5 under the scope of “Manufacturing and Sales of Confectionery, Biscuit, Wafer, Chocolate, Cakes, Cookies, Croissant and Vegetable Oil Products”.
- Promoting and communicating a culture of quality and food safety with our internal and external interested parties, external providers and regulatory authorities.
- Enhancing continual improvement activities at all functional levels by creating a work environment where employees are trained and motivated to communicate freely, encourage and promote effective team work to achieve quality and food safety objectives and targets.
To meet these strategic goals, the top management is committed to monitoring food safety and quality objectives set across our entire value chain.
Our Quality and Food Safety Policy is an integral part of our business process framework for establishing corporate level performance metrics and its accomplishment is incorporated in the company’s objectives.
The policy and objectives will be reviewed during management reviews for maintaining its sustainability and appropriateness in accordance with the strategic direction of the organization. Therefore, the management is committed to provide the necessary means and resources to maintain and improve the Quality and Food Safety Management Systems.